1. Help create memories with the thoughtful Christmas Yearbook (£27.99) in which assembled family and guests all leave a message and include a group photo with enough pages for 25 years. A delightful keepsake for future generations.
2. The Christmas Pass The Parcel Sprout Game is the perfect game to include all the family or cunningly help with keeping them out of the kitchen, £8.49, Amazon
3. The charming Robin in a Starry Night Small Lidded Candle from Emma Bridgewater is the perfect gift to enjoy and fits in both urban and rural homes. £29.95
4. Show you are prepared to get stuck in to the washing up with this whimsical but wonderful Guests’Tea-Hee’ tea towel from the talented creators of Crumble Cottage, £8.00
5. For those moments when the TV is just on repeat after repeat, The Card Games Bible with over 150 games and tricks is a brilliant way to change the scene and relive some old favourites, £7.99, Waterstones
6. If you have to give chocolates (and remember the house will be laden with chocolate oranges, Bendicks and chocolate money), then make sure you take the best: Cognac Chocolate Truffles, £29.50, The Wolseley
7. For the super swanky amongst you, a bottle of Champagne Pol Roger Cuvée Sir Winston Churchill 2006 is the ultimate treat to give, just make sure you’re nearby when the cork pops, £122.00
8. From the Cotswold-based team behind the 2018 UK Pub of the Year, you can do no wrong than gift a set of their luxurious smellies for some rural therapy. We love the Bergamot & Lemongrass Hand Lotion (hint, hint!) Bantam Life £11.99