Riders will be competing in front of many of the best UK judges and this year they will be joined by leading international Showing judge Gregory Goss, from South Africa. Goss, who will be overseeing the Ridden Hacks and Ridden Show Pony Class, speaks of his excitement for Royal Windsor;
“It is a great honour to be judging at Royal Windsor Horse Show, one of the most prestigious shows in the world. It is such a fantastic setting and there is always an extremely high standard of competition. It’s the one everybody wants to win.”
Britain’s best up and coming Dressage riders will have the opportunity to grace the Castle Arena on Wednesday 10 May in the Advanced Medium Freestyle to Music. Entry to this class is by invitation only to those who have qualified at the NAF Five Star Dressage Winter Championships, being held at Hartpury College on 15 and 16 April.
On Wednesday 10 and Thursday 11 May, the National Show Jumping classes will host top British riders in a variety of classes from Grade A to Grade C level. This includes a 1.40m Grade A & B Competition with a prize fund of £4,800, as well as an Olympic Star Spotters Competition for 6-year-old horses.
For the first time at Royal Windsor, Oxford and Cambridge will be furthering their university rivalry as they battle it out in Varsity Dressage and Show Jumping, taking place on Saturday 13 May. This will be followed by an Inter Schools Show Jumping Competition, a great opportunity for the younger generation of riders to take to the big stage.
Highlights of the National Competition at Royal Windsor 2017 include:
Wednesday 10 May:
– National Dressage
– National Show Jumping
– Anglo and Part Bred Arab Championship
– Hackney Championship
– Hunter Championship
– Riding Horse Championship
– Senior Showing Championship, Ridden and In Hand
Thursday 11 May:
– National Show Jumping
– Coloured Championship, Ridden and In Hand
– Working Hunter Championship
– Inter Hunt Team Knock-Out
– Miniature Horse Championship
– RoR Tattersalls Thoroughbred Ridden Show Horse Championship
Friday 12 May:
– Cob Championship
– The Count Robert Orssich Hack Championship
– Mountain and Moorland Supreme In Hand Championship
Saturday 13 May:
– Inter Schools Show Jumping
– Oxford vs Cambridge, Dressage and Show Jumping
– Mountain and Moorland Working Hunter Pony Championship
– BSPS LeMieux Heritage Mountain and Moorland Ridden Championship
– Novice Show Pony Championship
– Show Pony Championship
– Mini Show Pony Championship
– BSPS Heritage Mini Mountain and Moorland Championship
Sunday 14 May:
– University Jumping Challenge
– Intermediate Championship
– Working Hunter Pony Championship
– Show Hunter Pony Championship
– Supreme Ridden Show Champion
For more information and how to enter please click here.
N.B. International competitors should apply via their federation, for more information please click here.
Tickets to Royal Windsor Horse Show can be purchased at www.rwhs.co.uk or by telephoning the box office on 0844 581 4960 from the UK, for local bookings call the Windsor Information Centre on 01753 743589 and +44 (0)121 7966290 internationally.
To see what else is going on click here.