Nutritious and delicious
Almonds are nutritional powerhouses, hugely beneficial for heart and brain health. They are rich in good fats, antioxidants and Vitamin E, essential for keeping our hair, skin and nails healthy.
Cacao powder is the main component of chocolate that so often loses all its nutritional goodness in the refinement process to make sugar laden milk chocolate bars.
Cacao powder is a super-antioxidant food, providing more nutritional benefits than any other foodstuff on the planet. It is high in magnesium and iron, two minerals often missing in our diets that can help to calm nerves and improve oxygen transportation around the body. It is naturally energising and is also proven to make us happy! Need I remind you that this wonderful ingredient tastes like chocolate?
Here’s a list of some really useful ingredients to have on hand to help swap refined sugar for a natural alternative. All can be found in your supermarket but there are online suppliers to buy in bulk at a better price should you be converted.
– Coconut oil (comes solid)
– Chia seeds
– Whole skin on unroasted almonds
– Duchy Organic rolled oats
– Goji berries
– Dried fruit: raisins, cranberries, apricots, blueberries
– Medjool dates
– Desiccated Coconut – Check the label and make sure there’s no added sugar.
– Cacao Powder – Our favourite is Choc Chic Organic Raw Cacao Powder
– High quality maple syrup preferably Organic
– Quality Vanilla extract (not the cheap one)
– Good quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil
– Chilli flakes
– sunflower seeds
– pumpkin seeds