London Design Festival now in its 15th year, sets to be even more creative than ever before. Not forgetting Open House and the doors that open onto inside gems . On Instagram LLW will launch our first competition, it’s a great giveaway, you only need to follow us to have a chance of winning. So join us as we ourselves, enjoy London’s culture fest.. along with the dahlia feast. Have you been to Holland Park? Find the Dahlia walled garden and fall in love with them.
1. Totally Thames 1-30 September: There is so much happening along the river during the month of September, so there’s no excuse not to go down and enjoy it. There is art, there is culture (opera in Tower Bridge) and there are rides with Thames Rockets every weekend, so whizz over and have a look. Read our blog post with Thames Rockets – it was awesome
2. Open House London 16-17 September: Discover some of London’s most beautiful buildings, which are open to the public over this weekend. It’s a wonderful opportunity to get inside some of the buildings never open to the public. Some are ticketed, and some aren’t. I have linked in Look Up London for buildings that don’t need ticketed entry.
3. Jean-Michel Basquiat largest scale exhibition Boom to Real comes to The Barbican 21 September. This body of work is a must for anyone with a creative antennae. I’m going to go ahead of the Jane Birkin Gainsbourg Symphonia Concert that is playing on the 26 September. It’s sold out, but if you can get a ticket, it’s sure to be a good one.
4. London Design Festival 16-24 September: This is a major London Festival that showcases creative architecture & design in landmark locations around London from Greenwich to Trafalgar Square to the hub at the V&A. Each year gets better, and each year I’m blown away by the extraordinary diverse creativity that is showcased.
5. Maggie’s Culture Crawl I have supported this charity for a few years and every year I have wanted to do this, and this year I’m finally doing it! If walking 10 miles through London at night, enjoying after hours at some cool museums and lots of other exciting places, with cups of hot chocolate and music, ticks your box, just do it right HERE. It all goes to supporting this amazing charity that looks after people with the C word.
6. Proms in the Park, need I say more? The final night of the season is September 9 in Hyde Park. There is also a live link to the Royal Albert Hall. Immerse yourself in British pageantry and a fabulous sing-a-long.
7. Comida Festival at Bishops Park 16-17 September. This is their last venue having been to Greenwich and Potters Park over the summer. Latin American Street Food, mean margaritas with cool music, I promise you will have a great evening. We went to Potters Park and had a brilliant evening. The key to any festival is good music, right? They had great music. If you click over to their website there’s a competition to win a trip to Columbia – you’re most welcome!
Thames Barrier Annual Closure 10 September : Any budding engineers or just appreciate engineering, this draws a serious crowd, so well worth going to. On a beautiful day you can cycle all the way there from Tower Bridge and beyond. Look at the Thames Path National Trail to plan your active day.
Design Centre in Focus for all things Interior Design at Chelsea Harbour 20-22 September. They are running a competition for anyone registering before 16 September with some amazing prizes – so get in there HERE!
Peckham Festival 14-17 September : Celebrate the best of Peckham over 4 days. If I didn’t love Peckham already.