Lucie, what are your go-to tupperware fillers for life on the go?
I am a big fan of a tupperware box in favour of a burger van any day so I always have a cool box full of yummy snacks to keep me going at events, lambing or anything else! My top things to put in a tupperware for a busy day ahead are:
My go to breakfast when I am busy is yoghurt and berries put in a tupperware and then just as you are leaving put an oat based cereal on top, the oats absorb the moisture from the yoghurt and its delicious.
For lunch I love making a Lamb Tagine (recipe below), with Lucie’s Lamb shoulder or neck and serving it with couscous loaded with dried fruit and herbs, fabulous to have the next day cold.
My go-to tupperware filler when I am lambing or having a busy day is pesto pasta with peas and any veg lying around in the fridge chopped through, good hot or cold.
When I was the riding captain for my school riding team I became well known for my tins of cake, from flapjacks to brownies and everything in between, you have to have good cake!
Lamb Tagine Recipe (based on Rachel Allen’s recipe)
1-2kg lamb neck or shoulder purchased from Lucie’s Lambs cubed and excess fat removed
4 cloves of garlic crushed
2 onions finely chopped
1tsp ground ginger
1tsp ground coriander
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp tomato puree
2x 400g chopped tomatoes
200g chopped dried apricot/figs (optional)
Approx. 500ml chicken, lamb or veg stock
400g canned chickpeas (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 160C
2. Put a large oven proof casserole dish on a high heat with a glug of olive oil
3. Brown the diced lamb in the pan and remove once browned
4. Add the onions and sauté on a low to medium heat until translucent and soft. Add the spices and garlic until fragrant. Add the tomato puree, chopped tomatoes, browned lamb, chopped fruit if using and enough stock to cover.
5. Place in the oven for 1-1.5hrs until the meat is tender and sauce has thickened.
6. Add the chickpeas and honey and return to the oven for 20-30mins until the chickpeas are soft and the sauce is the desired consistency.
7. Serve with cous cous and a green salad.