To Make 2 Cocktails:
1. Pour 100ml of Chase Oak Aged Sloe & Mulberry Gin in to a cocktail shaker. Don’t worry if you don’t have one, you have use a large jam jar such as a mayonnaise jar.
2. Add 2 small nuggets of stem ginger and muddle in with the gin – basically crush it down to get the flavour out.
3. Add the juice of one and a half lemons – never use Jif as this ruins the taste.
4. Now add ice to the shaker or jam jar and shake until your hands are too cold to touch the glass.
5. Pour into 2 glasses and add more ice.
6. Finally top with soda for a bit of spritz. If you’re feeling really festive you could top with champagne (never Prosecco!) but don’t waste the good stuff!
7. Give it a good stir and add a quarter of lemon, a sprig of rosemary and slice a chunk of fresh ginger to rest on the rim of the glass to enhance the flavours.
And there you have Christmas in a glass!